One Care Inc is located within Durham Region offering:
Clinic-based Services in our new building on Simcoe St. N. in Oshawa.
- The main floor of the building has been renovated to accommodate small one to one therapy rooms.
- The second and lower levels of the building also contains larger spaces for group therapy.
- There is a designated area for the children to sit together for meals and snacks.
- There is a large room with toys and gross motor equipment, that is used for social play and for breaks from intensive programming.
- Each child has their own material stored near their workstation. All program and confidential material are placed in locked cabinets when not being used.
One Care Academy is located in a renovated historical home on Elgin St in Oshawa.
- The creative use of space allows for our levelled classrooms.
- The large room set up allows for flexible teaching space for group instruction.
- Outdoor play spaces are available at this location. This allows for gross motor, social play and out door skill programming.
- A loft seating area is used for group meals and snacks.
Home-based Services are provided in your home anywhere within the Durham region. Travel fees may apply for northern and eastern Durham Region.
- Depending on the child and goals different set-ups will occur
- Typically, the family will be asked to designate a space or room that can be used for therapy.
- The specific items required for the therapy environment will vary based on the child. The family and the clinical team will determine individual needs.
- A program binder including data will remain in the home.
Community-based Services are provided in whatever environment is required and feasible.
- When possible, we may support families by implementing programming in: child care centres, nursery schools, camps, private schools, recreation programs or work placement programs.
- A component of generalization may be to work on skills learned in home or clinic-based therapy in the community.