Services – Group Interventions
At One Care Inc. we provide a variety of group-based interventions. All curriculum for groups are developed in-house and overseen by a Board Certified Behaviour Analyst. All groups are open to current and new clients of One Care Inc.
Social Skills Groups
One Care Inc. offers a variety of social skills groups to children and youth, aged 6-17 years old. Traditional and interest-based (cooking, sports, music/drama) groups are offered on a rotating basis depending on client needs/interest. Previous groups that have run include Friendship Making Skills and Socioemotional Skills.
All programs feature:
- Engaging lessons taught by trained professionals
- Group discussion and activities
- Weekly homework to practice new skills
- Parent training to coach children through new social experiences
Social skills groups are designed for children who have good communication skills (have spontaneous speech using phrases and sentences), can work in a group setting with minimal adult support, and have no significant interfering behaviours. Applicants will go through a screening process to ensure program is a good fit.
Social skills groups are offered in the Fall (September start), Winter (January start), Spring (April start) and intensive Summer program. All programs are 10 weeks in length, with 2 hour sessions once per week.
One Care Jr. Academy
- Our School Readiness Group is a small group program that targets school readiness skills for preschoolers.
- The program is for children ages of 3-5 years old.
- The program is offered across 2 or 3 half days per week at our Clinic location in Oshawa.
- This program is play based.
- The program will focus on skills to prepare for kindergarten such as:
- Following routines
- Sitting for group instruction
- Completing a simple closed ended activity
- Turn taking / sharing
- Staffing for this program will be from multiple disciplines. Their involvement will vary from consultation to direct time in the program, team members will include:
- Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA)
- Instructor Therapist
- Ontario Certified Teacher (OCT)
- Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE)
- A report card will be provided upon completion of the One Care Jr. Academy.
- Outline strengths observed during programs
- Recognize weakness, areas to continue to address in school.
- Report written with SMART goals to assist transition into the FDK program